Thursday 26 July 2012

Sunshine on a rainy day...

At last we're seeing a little sunshine in the UK, hoping it holds out for the Olympics.
I managed to get to a carboot sale on Sunday, dodged the rain and bought a lovely old manual Singer sewing machine to ornament my craft room.


I paid £10 for it, which I thought was fair because it has obviously been well used and the re are bits missing, but I think it is really beautiful.

I made a Kindle case for my daughter this week, it is a little too big because I used mine for the measurements and the new ones are smaller. She loves it though so I can take my time with a replacement.



Excuse the feet that got in on the act in these pics!
Since finishing this I have found a brilliant tutorial on finishing off binding which I tried out and I think it will improve the look of my projects a lot. It is on youtube, Quilt binding: Joining ends, Marci Baker of Alicia's attic.

My daughter and her boyfriend are off to Mablethorpe for the weekend so I bought them rain ponchos.They are always game for a laugh....


No comments:

Post a Comment