Thursday 7 April 2011

The year of living frugally

I got the idea for doing this from Rubyred's blog - buying nothing new -with one or exceptions allowed- for myself or the house for a year. Since I took (very) early retirement in December 2009 money is a lot tighter and we have a long planned road trip up the east coast of the USA to pay for this year. So, a bit of frugal living seemed like a good idea for us as well as for the environment.
The exceptions Ive allowed myself are crafty materials and anything during the three weeks we are on holiday

Table £7.50, Lou Lou Guinness bag £1.50, vintage knitting needles £1 for 3 pairs

The table now in my hall with Molly checkin it out


8 balls og gorgeous yarn for £12 off ebay

Corner shelf unit £10, cookery book stand £1. Wine full price and letting the side down on frugal living!
Now that the car boot season is getting under way it's getting a lot easier and here are some of my thrifty purchases- im hoping to maybe even make a small profit on some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment